Rural patients- How we can help!
Often when you live rurally the thought of surgery is overwhelming. The normal thought process of proceeding to surgery is then combined with travel and being much further away from your surgeon.
Dr Briggs has and continues to see many patients who come from all over Australia. Whether they are from up north on a farm station, or over from Queensland we do our very best to make sure your journey is one that is without stress.
This is done in a number of ways.
- Fitting your consultation times in around when you are able to get flights in and out.
- If possible scheduling a provisional surgery date around the time you have flown in for your consultation
- Some patients don’t know whether they are even a valid candidate for surgery. For them, to travel so far without knowing is a big choice to make. Our practice does their best to identify this with thorough communication and GP referral.
- Dr Briggs is a specialist Plastic and Cosmetic surgeon with over 20 years of experience, so he will be able to answer any questions you may have.
- Our practices are situated in Subiaco just 10 minutes from the Perth CBD, close to many different hotels and types of accommodations.
- After surgery, you will have your first post-operative appointment with Dr Briggs, around 1 week later. After this you can return home where Dr Briggs will liaise with your local GP about your aftercare.
- Our practice will be happy to answer any of your questions before or after surgery over the phone or via email!
If you are a rural patient interested in surgery and need some further advice, our friendly receptionists will be happy to help you on your research journey.